Reporting app: UML design models

edited 6:05PM in FastReport .NET
Hello,

I'm looking for an example of software design model related to a reporting system. I used to work with FastReport. For specific needs, I'm in charge of developing a mobile application dedicated to simple reporting. The app is made to be used temporarily for a trainee program. The basic entities are: report, notes, user, supervisor, etc. I don't know if there's a technical doc with FastReport that could help me. I'm developing in C# in Visual Studio. Ideally I'd like to generate parts of the application from the UML diagrams but I'm not sure it's possible.

Does anyone have a UML diagram example of such a reporting system?

Thanks
Angy

Comments

• angy wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm looking for an example of software design model related to a reporting system. I used to work with FastReport. For specific needs, I'm in charge of developing a mobile application dedicated to simple reporting. The app is made to be used temporarily for a trainee program. The basic entities are: report, notes, user, supervisor, etc. I don't know if there's a technical doc with FastReport that could help me. I'm developing in C# in Visual Studio. Ideally I'd like to generate parts of the application from the UML diagrams but I'm not sure it's possible.

Does anyone have a UML diagram example of such a reporting system?

Thanks
    Angy

I design my UML diagrams using an UML tool, which have a UML diagram repository for searching public diagrams and patterns. Maybe you can get some examples of reporting system diagrams but I think you'd better design it yourself, it's not that hard... There are C# customizable code generators so you can get basic classes from your online diagrams. HTH
  • edited 6:05PM
    thanks alex, I've been playing with the UML online tool you suggested and I must say that's exactly what I need. I could create my UML diagram (class diagram) and then generate basic classes that describe the entities in my UML reporting system. The UML tool is great and their example repository helped me. There are 14 UML classes in my diagram and some associations. I realized that modeling a reporting system is straightforward... ;-)
  • edited 6:05PM
    I use this, I like it and the price is good. It can reverse engineer databases and source code and some fancy stuff that I don't know how to use.

http://www.sparxsystems.com/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.