Memory Leak

Do you have noticed memory leaks in version 5.

I have an application server that generates pdf files and the moment i moved to version 5 (from version 4) i get a lot of memory leaks.
I am using xe4 for this project.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• jl7jl7
    edited 6:48PM
    Hi

We noticed the same thing
    the problem seemed to be there was a mix of fast reports v4 and fast reports v5
    e.g. components in delphi tool pallet were under FastReport 4.0 not FastReport 5.0
    it still seemed to build and run fine but got memory leaks

to fix it we uninstalled fast reports v5 and v4
    then ran Delphi and removed all the fast report components | in Delphi > Component > Install Packages. find any un-ticked fast report package and remove them
    Close Delphi
    Re Install fast report v5

if your having problems after that e.g. packages missing - check the install read me in the fast report location. follow the manual install instructions to check all the packages are installed ok

after all that you should see all the components in delphi under FastReport 5.0 not FastReport 4.0. *Make sure you close and open Delphi

that fixed the ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown issues for us

Hope this helps you and the above is not to confusing
  • edited January 2015
    Thank you for the solution but in my case didn't work.

The application server still consuming memory fast and i am 95% certain its because of fastreport v5 (The problem started the moment i installed V5).
    My application works 24/7/365 i can't afford it to restart it every second day in order to clear the memory consumed.
    I have to return to V4.

Thanks anyway

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.