Band Border

Is there a way in FastReport VCL 5 to put a frame around the outside of a detail band? I am trying to achieve the following:

FastReport-Detail_Frame-Sample.jpg

Note the Groups and User Privileges boxes. Both of these boxes are multi-columned details of the master detail. Note how the box frames the outside of the band. I am trying to do this in Fast Report 5 but can't seem to get it to work. My current idea has the main page with 2 sub-reports (1 for the groups and 1 for the privs). But, I cannot figure out how to get a frame to appear around just the outside. Here is my main page setup:

FastReport-Detail_Frame-Main.jpg

Here is the layout of the sub-report:

FastReport-Detail_Frame-Subreport.jpg

I need to know that I can do this in Fast Report because our old reporting system uses it everywhere! Thanks!

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 11:27PM
    a band itself is not a printed object only the contents are printed
    the method would be to add a memo object set to the the band width send to the back and turn on the framelines you want
  • edited 11:27PM
    gordk wrote: »
    a band itself is not a printed object only the contents are printed
    the method would be to add a memo object set to the the band width send to the back and turn on the framelines you want

Ok, but how can I do just the outside when I'm printing columns?

Also, out of curiosity, why does the frame of the sub-report itself not print?
  • gpigpi
    Try to add TfrxMemoView with frame to Child band, set TfrxMemoView.StretchMode to smMaxHeight, TfrxMemoView.Width = Child.Width
    gpi wrote: »
    Try to add TfrxMemoView with frame to Child band, set TfrxMemoView.StretchMode to smMaxHeight, TfrxMemoView.Width = Child.Width

I had tried that but the frame does not expand properly:

Preview_2015-01-21_08-42-06.jpg
  • gpigpi
    Set Subreport.PrintOnParent = true

Sorry, pulled on to something else. I will try this out shortly.

Ok, I tried it out but setting the PrintOnParent causes all sorts of alignment issues. Especially when the sub-report exceeds one page:

Preview_2015-01-22_10-34-26.jpg
  • gpigpi
    Attach your report template (fr3). Your screenshot is useless
    Attach your report template (fr3). Your screenshot is useless

I have attached the report template and SQL to create the underlying tables/data.
  • gpigpi
    Set Child2.Stretched to True
    Set Child2.Stretched to True

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but yesterday was a holiday here.

Anyway, I tried your suggestion and that worked great so long as the sub-reports did not make the report exceed 1 page. If the sub-report was longer than a page, then I get the master file info on the first page followed by 2-3 blank pages followed by the details are jumbled up on a page or two. I have uploaded a new zip file that has the template, a sample print-out and the SQL to create the DB and sample data.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    if the data in the child bands subreports takes more than the space available set the allowsplit property to true
    gordk wrote: »
    if the data in the child bands subreports takes more than the space available set the allowsplit property to true

I tried that but it made no difference. Anything else I could try?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.