Advice request for another version of report

I have a canned report that a client wants an extra page added to. I still need to provide the original format to existing clients.

What do you recommend as the best solution?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 3:05PM
    wrote:
    I have a canned report that a client wants an extra page added to. I still need to provide the original format to existing clients.
    Describe what you have and what you want to get more detally
  • edited January 2015
    Its called a Master Control Report, it lists all employees along with data from their most recent check, their address, the YTD totals. At the end of the report it has a YTD total of all taxes and all paycheck deductions for the entire client. Then it shows current deduction setup in general.

This is a general report that is currently used by 2 clients (its a new report and other clients may be interested in getting it as well).

One of those clients wants an added page that shows the number of male and female employees. This is not needed by the other client and I do not consider that it "should" be part of the master control report for all clients. Thus, this is a special addition.

There are 3 ways I had in mind to do this but wanted to get others input.

The solutions I can think of are:
    1. Outright copy the report and make the changes to the copy.
    2. Add the page to the main Master Control report but default visible to false and somehow use script to turn it on when I need it.
    3. A feature I never used was inheriting a report, maybe I can do that.

#2 Interests me the most because I like the idea of turning things on and off and thus having many options to customize the report, like an ala cart style. This also allows me to maintain the report.
  • gpigpi
    edited 3:05PM
    Use second way. You can set visibility of report's page in the script
  • edited 3:05PM
    gpi wrote: »
    Use second way. You can set visibility of report's page in the script

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.