Converting a rave report using fastreport 5 and delphi XE7

Hi,

Im trying to convert an old rave report but cant get it to work.
I've added ConverterRB2FR to uses but when compiling i get this error:
[dcc32 Fatal Error] ConverterRB2FR.pas(23): F1026 File not found: 'C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\frxDCtrl.dcu'
It also seems to miss frxBDEComponents, frxADOComponents and frxIBXComponents. (all the other frx components looks OK)

Where can i get the needed components or is there a different way i can convert my old report?

Thank you,
Peter

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 2:48PM
    It seems you use FR Embarcadero Edition which doesn't supports dialog controls and internal datasets. Use FR Trial for converting
  • edited 2:48PM
    Thank you for your reply gpi, i will try the demo version.

As a side note to fast report staff the comparison sheet here: http://www.fast-report.com/en/products/rep...re-matrix.html/ states that the embarcadero version should be able to convert rave reports, which obviously isnt the case.
  • edited 2:48PM
    Ok so i tried the demo version, but no luck im afraid.
    It seems like the demo version is only a pre-compiled .exe with a load of FR3 files as examples?
    When i open delphi it shows no signs of any fastreports, neither do i find any bpl (or other) files related to fastreports if i search for them?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.