Firemonkey version 2.2.1 bug or trial limitation

Serge GirardSerge Girard FRANCE, NANTES, HAUTE-GOULAINE
edited 11:15AM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

Well,well, well .... it was a longtime since i used Fastreport with FMX
>  So i first download last version (2.2.1 for XE4) and sadly FastReport Editor is bugged . Try to change font color via the combobox hang RadStudio[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I was expecting also that html tags for font color was working for now and what a deception[/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> or is this a trial version limitation ? best regards Serge[/img]

Comments

• ksihotaksihota Victoria, BC Canada
    edited December 2014
    I can't find any other Forum for the FMX version of FastReport so I'll ask my question here.

I too have downloaded the Trial version (2.2.1) and have it installed on XE2 (Update 4 HotFix1)

I have a report connected to a datasource (AbsoluteDB Table) through a frxDBDataset component.
    In design mode when I set up the report (attach the dataset by going to reports/data... ) I can access the fields as expected, but I don't see any data displayed either in preview mode or when I run the application.
    In design mode, if I look at the Properties panel of the Object Inspector both the page and the MasterData band show there is no dataset assigned to them. The individual fields I add, as well as the Report object do show the dataset assigned . If I select the dataset drop down (from Properties) for either the Report, Page or the Masterdata band, the application freezes and I have to shut down Delphi in order to get back to a functioning Delphi IDE. Also, the drop down for object selection of the Object Inspector appears to be transparent and makes reading which object to select very difficult.

Question 1. What else do I have to configure to get data to appear in the report fields?
    Question 2. Why is FastReport FMX causing my system to crash and will I be able to use it with XE2?
    Question 3. What's up with the transparency in the dropdown? Is this a problem with my display adapter, with some windows setting or something else?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give me.

KS
  • ksihotaksihota Victoria, BC Canada
    edited 11:15AM
    ksihota wrote: »
    I can't find any other Forum for the FMX version of FastReport so I'll ask my question here.

I too have downloaded the Trial version (2.2.1) and have it installed on XE2 (Update 4 HotFix1)

I have a report connected to a datasource (AbsoluteDB Table) through a frxDBDataset component.
    In design mode when I set up the report (attach the dataset by going to reports/data... ) I can access the fields as expected, but I don't see any data displayed either in preview mode or when I run the application.
    In design mode, if I look at the Properties panel of the Object Inspector both the page and the MasterData band show there is no dataset assigned to them. The individual fields I add, as well as the Report object do show the dataset assigned . If I select the dataset drop down (from Properties) for either the Report, Page or the Masterdata band, the application freezes and I have to shut down Delphi in order to get back to a functioning Delphi IDE. Also, the drop down for object selection of the Object Inspector appears to be transparent and makes reading which object to select very difficult.

Question 1. What else do I have to configure to get data to appear in the report fields?
    Question 2. Why is FastReport FMX causing my system to crash and will I be able to use it with XE2?
    Question 3. What's up with the transparency in the dropdown? Is this a problem with my display adapter, with some windows setting or something else?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give me.

KS

Solved the first problem. For some reason the dataset had been added to the Report properties and when I tried to add it to the MasterData band I received an error. By removing it from the Report Properties I was able to see the expected data in the report. The problem may have occurred when I crashed the system by clicking on the drop-down arrow trying to add the dataset to the MasterData band in the first place. The solution to this was to double click on the band and select the dataset from the ones added to the report initially instead of trying to use the drop-down in the Object Inspector.
    would still like to hear solutions for my other 2 questions

KS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.