Master Detail and ADOQuery

Hi All,

I'm using FastREports Ver 5.1.1 , simle problem but I can't see what the problem is , In essense I have two tables

"Select * from t_asset_serv_hdr" Query for Master Table

" Select * from t_aset_serv_dtl WHERE RecID = :RecID" Query for second table with one parameter

I set the ADOQuery Master Table to the 1st Query

I then set The Parameter Editor to <DBFaultHdr."RecID"> for the parameter "RecID" with an Integer as the type

Drop a Master Data Band and set - run the report and I get all the master data

The I drop a Detail Band on the report set the DataSet and run -

The report shows nothing - I can do the same using ADOTables and it works perfectly - Any ideas why or am I missing something really simple ?

Any Help appreciated

Kind regards

Trevor

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 7:44PM
    Use
    "Select * from t_asset_serv_hdr" Query for Master Query

"Select * from t_aset_serv_dtl WHERE RecID = :RecID" for Detail Query

Set the ADOQuery2.Master = ADOQuery1
  • gpi wrote: »
    Use
    "Select * from t_asset_serv_hdr" Query for Master Query

"Select * from t_aset_serv_dtl WHERE RecID = :RecID" for Detail Query

Set the ADOQuery2.Master = ADOQuery1

I have also Problems with Parameter.

All works fine in the case the Parameter are integer or string, but with uniqueidentifier it doesn't work?
  • gpigpi
    edited 7:44PM
    Don't set parameter properties, just set SQL query text

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.