runtime report by change the filter expression

edited September 2012 in FastReport .NET
God
Hello every body
i'm happy to join here
i've a question
i crystal report i could put (4 example) a combobox in report page and every time i changed the combobox.selecteditem in selectedtextChanged event i recalled the report and the report was changing runtime
but in fast report i cant do this and i have to close the report page and come back in report again [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> my language is c#.Net and i really need to solve this problem[/img]>[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> please help me tanks a lot[/img]

Comments

• edited 2:12PM
    ismael wrote: »
    God
    Hello every body
    i'm happy to join here
    i've a question
    i crystal report i could put (4 example) a combobox in report page and every time i changed the combobox.selecteditem in selectedtextChanged event i recalled the report and the report was changing runtime
    but in fast report i cant do this and i have to close the report page and come back in report again [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> my language is c#.Net and i really need to solve this problem[/img]>[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> please help me tanks a lot[/img]

You should write webReport1.ReportFile= combobox.selectedvalue; webReport1.Refresh(); in selectedtextChanged event.
  • edited September 2012
    ysfph wrote: »
    God
    Hello every body
    i'm happy to join here
    i've a question

You should write webReport1.ReportFile= combobox.selectedvalue; webReport1.Refresh(); in selectedtextChanged event.

Thanx alot for your answer
    but my question is how i can add combobox in report design view? i don't now how to add!
    additionally i couldn't find ".ReportFile" in report1.ReportFile?

i'm new to fast report and it's my first time
    please lead me more
    tnx
  • edited September 2012
    God
    Hello every body
    i'm happy to join here
    i've a question

but my question is how i can add combobox in report design view? i don't now how to add!

please lead me more
    tnx

Now I see what you mean. You are working in design recently. You can not add combobox in design mode. You are adding combobox when you are done with design mode. You are gonna add webReport controller and bind it with your report design and also add combobox controller in Visual Studio, I mean when you are coding webform. I think you have a sql query which gets parameter from combobox. You should add parameter and sql query to your design. Add a connection and a datasource. You should create datasource by using query wizard in your design. You should include parameter to your sql query. After you finished with up the desing, you start coding in Asp.net and add webreport and combobox controller in your web form and send selectedvalue to report parameter by using WebReport1.Report.SetParameterValue() method. You should read FRNetUserManual and FRNetProgrammerManual.
    God
    Hello every body
    i'm happy to join here
    i've a question

please lead me more
    tnx

Now I see what you mean. You are working in design recently. You can not add combobox in design mode. You are adding combobox when you are done with design mode. You are gonna add webReport controller and bind it with your report design and also add combobox controller in Visual Studio, I mean when you are coding webform. I think you have a sql query which gets parameter from combobox. You should add parameter and sql query to your design. Add a connection and a datasource. You should create datasource by using query wizard in your design. You should include parameter to your sql query. After you finished with up the desing, you start coding in Asp.net and add webreport and combobox controller in your web form and send selectedvalue to report parameter by using WebReport1.Report.SetParameterValue() method. You should read FRNetUserManual and FRNetProgrammerManual.

tnx a lot
    By your help and reading "FastReport Studio Programmers Manual"my problem have been solved

and only another question [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> i want to report that for every course, i report the course stuff in one page for example the firs page, reports the stuff belongs to the course by courseId=1 and the i'th report page belongs to the course by courseId=i and addtionally every page(i mean for every course) includes two part first part is chart about that course and second part is table related to that course thanks so much[/img]
  • edited September 2012
    tnx a lot
    By your help and reading "FastReport Studio Programmers Manual"my problem have been solved

and only another question [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> i want to report that for every course, i report the course stuff in one page for example the firs page, reports the stuff belongs to the course by courseId=1 and the i'th report page belongs to the course by courseId=i and addtionally every page(i mean for every course) includes two part first part is chart about that course and second part is table related to that course thanks so much[/img]
    No problem.
    You should open this problem in a different topic. Anyway you have to do this in design mode. Read http://www.fast-report.com/documentation/U...ilrelations.htm . You should use master-detail data report. You will include course name or whatever in master part and stuffs in detail part. There is an example in that link. I think to render the report in seperate pages you can right click master data band and select repeat in every page option.
    tnx a lot

No problem.
    You should open this problem in a different topic. Anyway you have to do this in design mode. Read http://www.fast-report.com/documentation/U...ilrelations.htm . You should use master-detail data report. You will include course name or whatever in master part and stuffs in detail part. There is an example in that link. I think to render the report in seperate pages you can right click master data band and select repeat in every page option.

tnx a lot
    Can you please tell How to connect Dialog Form Controls with the Web Report. For me the DateTime Picker only visible. Dataselector Control is not visible in WebReport.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.