Displaying a TIFF image in Report

edited January 2012 in FastReport 4.0
I can load a TIFF image with the Picture Object (TfrxPictureView ), but when previewing or creating the report, it dissapears. I need to use TIFF becuase the report get exported to PDF and downloaded via ftp so file size is crutial.

Any idea how I can get this working?

Comments

• edited 1:00PM
    I take it this cannot be done?
  • edited 1:00PM
    It looks that TIFF is not supooerted at runtime.
    One option, if there aren't many images, is to convert the TIFF to JPG.
    IrfanView (free) can do that.
  • My issue here is that we have millions of scanned documents in our database and they are all in TIFF format. I have to create a report and include this at the bottom of the report and export to PDF. I assume that converting there images from TIFF to JPEG would be the way to go, but not sure how this would influence my PDF size as it is a government contract and they are very picky about the size of the files being sent to them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.