Refresh DataSet from Updated ClientDataset

Hello,
I have a report with a dataset derived from a ClientDataset. After adding some new fields to the CDS I am unale to refresh the Report Dataset. I have created an XML file (which includes the new fields) and set it to the CDS Filename property, set the CDS Active property to true and opened the frxReport component. The old dataset remains and I am unable to refresh it to display the new fields.

Am I missing a step? I'm using Delphi XE2 and FastReport 4.12.6. Many thanks!

Comments

• edited 4:31AM
    It turns out I was skipping a step. After placing the path of the newly created XML file in the FileName property of the ClientDataSet and setting its Active property to True, I needed to clear the FieldAliases list from the frxDataSet object. Once I did that - when I opened the frxReport component the dataset displayed all of the fields in my query and I was able to use them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.