Field not found errors

Hi,

Some reports are giving some errors when trying to open them for editing. We are getting "Field not found" errors when opening the report in the designer.
The call stack indicates that it is occurring when Fast-Report is trying to get the field's datatype to show in the Data tree(where all the queries and fields are listed).
When this error occurs, it doesn't let us open the report for editing. If the error would simply be absorbed, so that I can open the report for editing, it would just be awesome.

And, when simply trying to preview or print the same report, without trying to open in the designer, another error type occurs. But, I would be happy as a starting point
to be able to edit those reports. These problems started when we upgraded to Fast-Report VCL 5.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited 12:34PM
    Hi,

I just realized that we're using version 5.0.4, and that version 5.0.11 have been released. Without knowing what are the changes between the two versions, I'll have to try it to see if this was something that was fixed.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:34PM
    If that doesnot work you can open the fr3 file in wordpad and remove the data field.
    gordk wrote: »
    If that doesnot work you can open the fr3 file in wordpad and remove the data field.

Actually, that wouldn't have worked. But, they fixed something in 5.0.11, since I am now able to open the report in the designer.
    The problem was that there was an error in the query, so basically, I would've needed to remove all the fields related to the query, from the Data tree.

And, I do remember that with 5.0.4, I was not able to remove a field from a query, when in the designer, without having a field not found error(and that the Data tree wasn't refreshed).
    Now, with 5.0.11, that error never occurs and the Data tree gets refreshed as it is supposed to be.
    danielrail wrote: »
    danielrail wrote: »

Actually, that wouldn't have worked. But, they fixed something in 5.0.11, since I am now able to open the report in the designer.
    The problem was that there was an error in the query, so basically, I would've needed to remove all the fields related to the query, from the Data tree.

And, I do remember that with 5.0.4, I was not able to remove a field from a query, when in the designer, without having a field not found error(and that the Data tree wasn't refreshed).
    Now, with 5.0.11, that error never occurs and the Data tree gets refreshed as it is supposed to be.

smart:)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.