Expressions in db text file

edited 3:14PM in FastReport 4.0
I have a table containing a text(memo) field for each user. They create a message(No problems here). When creating the message they have an option to put a var ie [ClientName] and [EmployeeName] into the text field.

i.e Dear [ClientName] thank you for your custom many regards [EmployeeName].

Each employee has the ability to create there own message.

My problem

I have created the Var in fast reports as instructed(I use variables all the time).
How do i get fast reports to auto fill the Var in the text(memo field).

Instead it displays as
Dear [ClientName] thank you for your custom many regards [EmployeeName].

Instead of
Dear Mrs Smith thank you for your custom many regards Brian.

Comments

• edited 3:14PM
    Hi.

Possible reasons:

* Property 'Allow expression' set to false
    * Property 'ExpressionDelimiter' set to other than '[,]'

Petter
  • edited 3:14PM
    Thanks Petter

That was the first thing I checked.
    I use variables all the time in normal text(memo) field, and have no problems with that.

I can't figure out how nto make the same var work in a stored text field, i.e a db memo field.
  • edited June 2014
    Found it myself;

Just in case anyone else is looking.

Expressions don't work in db text(memo) fields.

Load db memo field into fast reports as a text file. Remove the data band, replace with a text box(memo). This works as expected.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.