Using temporary background image to help align report

edited 3:47PM in FastReport VCL 5
I have a report from another system that I would like to reproduce in Fast Reports. I want it to look the same, so I want to load an image of this report into the background of the fast report editor so I can use it as a guide.

I tried using a picture object and chose send to back, but the problem is that although my fields show on top, the image covers the band headers and borders and grippers and this is making it difficult for me to know where my elements are for example if I had dragged a field outside of the band or not be able to resize the band.

Any other way to do this? If not it would be a nice feature to set a background per band or page for design purposes.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 3:47PM
    load the image into the backpicture of the page

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.