Split Print Jobs

edited 8:35AM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

I print a lot of invoices. Usually each month around 800 invoices.
I'm looking for a way to say FastReport to create one print job for each client (row) in my dataset and not 1 big print job including all the clients together.
Because I need to post process on my printer each client (put in an envelope and stamp it automatically).

I can query my database and generate reports 1 by 1 but I was wondering if there is an option to do it in a more simple way, not changing a lot of my code.

Thanks
Thomas

Comments

• edited 8:35AM
    allodoc wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm looking for a way to say FastReport to create one print job for each client (row) in my dataset and not 1 big print job including all the clients together.
    Because I need to post process on my printer each client (put in an envelope and stamp it automatically).

I can query my database and generate reports 1 by 1 but I was wondering if there is an option to do it in a more simple way, not changing a lot of my code.

Thanks
    Thomas
    Set 'Range Begin' and 'Range End' to Current.
    Cycle through the dataset calling the report generation code for each row.

• edited 8:35AM
    technisoft wrote: »
    technisoft wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks
    Thomas
    Set 'Range Begin' and 'Range End' to Current.
    Cycle through the dataset calling the report generation code for each row.
    Thanks for your answer...I don't exactly understand.

My current report generates around 800 pages in 1 print job, one page per database record.
    What I want is to get 800 print jobs of only 1 page for each record in my dataset.

Can't find Range Begin or End properties ? Is it to insert in the report script code ?

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.