Designer Control - can??t acess DATA, REPORT TREE, PROPERTIES

edited 2:47PM in FastReport .NET
In May 28th I open a support ticket - until now there is no answer... so may be someone could help me with this:

Designer control (used inside my app) - I can't access the DATA, REPORT TREE, PROPERTIES - If I try to call Report.Design I got this tabs (but I have the report window over my app, in a separate windows, instead of inside a window).

I attached a composite image to better ilustrate this.

I believe that I am missing some step (I am new to FR, until now I used mainly Crystal Reports) - but 1 week without any feedback from the "support" makes me wonder...

Thanks

Comments

• edited 2:47PM
    CarlosC wrote: »
    In May 28th I open a support ticket - until now there is no answer... so may be someone could help me with this:

Designer control (used inside my app) - I can't access the DATA, REPORT TREE, PROPERTIES - If I try to call Report.Design I got this tabs (but I have the report window over my app, in a separate windows, instead of inside a window).

I attached a composite image to better ilustrate this.

I believe that I am missing some step (I am new to FR, until now I used mainly Crystal Reports) - but 1 week without any feedback from the "support" makes me wonder...

Thanks
    Update: I got a answer from support on 6th June.
    As I expected I was missing one step on the Load event of my form:
    DesignerControl1.Report = New FastReport.Report
    ' restore the design layout. Without this code, the designer tool windows will be unavailable
    DesignerControl1.RefreshLayout()

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.