I'm a beginner, I need help placing components

I should probably be ashamed. In the VCL of Delphi/C++ Builder, stuff like the TGridPanel or TFlowPanel have become my best friends. They make arranging stuff really easy.

I'm now about to begin using Fast Report. The attached file shows what I want my report to look like. I have no problem achieving that. The only problem I have is placing stuff properly. Does Fast Report have something that helps you with tables and grids?

I see I can draw lines around objects like Images or Memos. I know about the Align property. I also read the manual. But having a 3x3 table properly set up like this is a real pain and takes more time than actually building the report itself. What am I missing? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I'm still really new to this. How should a fast report be built? What is going to help me with table-like layouts that feature several columns? How do you build you reports? Many thanks in advance![/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> //[/img]Edit

I should note that I'm using the Embarcadero Edition of RAD Studio XE5 / XE6. I see "Cross tabs" are not part of the Embarcadero Edition. Is this what I need? I don't need stuff from databases put in a table and sorted, I just need a layout helper. Can I also use those cross-tabs for that?

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.