unsupported frf format

edited 10:08PM in FreeReport
Greetings,

After making a few master-detail reports and beeing quite happy with this product, I got a (probably small) problem. At some point, I needed to use a richtext object to show the content of a database blob field (that field had been filled with formated text, but the field type does not seem to be the problem).

The problem is that everytime I add a richtext object to any report (i even tryed to create a new one only with a simple richtext object), beeing it simple richtext or rx (which I enabled), I start getting the error message "unsupported frf" when i try to preview on runtime.

The curious thing is that I can preview on designtime (on the designer) with no problems, but not on runtime...

Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance,

Bruno Nunes

Comments

• edited 10:08PM
    Ok, we were able to solve the problem. We were working on 2 computers, one was designing the reports, the other was coding and compiling... The problem was that the computer used for coding and compiling did not have the rx object activated...

Sorry for taking your time with such a "lame" problem... ;)

Thank you all
  • edited 10:08PM
    bnunes wrote: »
    Ok, we were able to solve the problem. We were working on 2 computers, one was designing the reports, the other was coding and compiling... The problem was that the computer used for coding and compiling did not have the rx object activated...

Sorry for taking your time with such a "lame" problem... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Thank you all[/img]

We are getting this 'unsupported frf format' error on windows7 laptop. The reports worked fine on Windows XP. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Vemuri
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 10:08PM
    make sure your program has adminstartive rights

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.