"Class TfrxReport not found." when trying to place TfrmReport into a DMO

edited 8:42AM in FastReport 4.0
Hello Folks!

I have a strange behaviour in Delphi XE2. When I try to place a TfrxReport into a datamodule I get the error message "Class TfrxReport not found." (Delphi XE2 with Update 4 - Build 16.0.4429.46931 plus FastReport 4.15 Prof.). The same component on a form works fine. I can also open the FRDemo sample project of FastReport 4.15 and when I switch to the ReportData DMO I am allowed to add a TfrxReport component into the DMO.

What is wrong with my Delphi XE2 and/or FR 4.15 that I can not add TfrxReport components to a data module any more, if I create the project from scratch?

Thanks for a short answer in advance.

Salut,
Mathias

Comments

• edited 8:42AM
    I really thought I must have made a mistake when installing FR4.15 into my XE2 IDE. So I gave it another go and installed Delphi XE2 into a fresh Windows 7 VMware clone, unchecked the FR Embarcadero edition and after installing XE2 successfully I installed FR4.15 Prof.

The problem I described above is still the same. When I start a fresh VCL application I can place a TfrxReport on a TForm descendent but the tool pallet doesn't show FR for data modules and if I try to copy & paste the TfrxReport into a data module I get the error message "Class TfrxReport not found.".

This time I am pretty sure it is not related to an earlier version of FR installed. I have "Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2 Update4" as well as "Help Update3 for Delphi XE2" installed (Delphi XE2 Version 16.0.4429.46931).

I am looking forward to your suggestions on how to solve the problem.

Salut,
    Mathias
  • edited 8:42AM
    Hello Folks!

Did I upset everyone or has no one else experienced the problem described above? Or what is the reason for not attracting any replies?

Salut,
    Mathias

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.