Change order of bands

Hello,

my report prints:
<!--fonto:Courier New--><span style="font-family:Courier New"><!--/fonto-->
? ? ? ? [ Header ] <!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--> (containing headings of detail data)<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
? ? ? ? [ GroupHeader]
? ? ? ? [ DetailData ]
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
But I want it to look like this:
? ? ? ? [ GroupHeader ]
? ? ? ? [ Header ] <!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--> (containing headings of detail data)<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
? ? ? ? [ DetailData ]
Is that possible?

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 7:28PM
    what you do is use two group headers
    i suggest you run the main demo and look at the various reports for ideas.
  • edited 7:28PM
    gordk wrote: »
    I don' think I use two group headers. I use one "GroupHeader" and one "normal" Header. I now got a solution by adding a "SubDetailData" band and put the headings in the "DetailData" band:
    ? ? ? ? [ GroupHeader ]
    ? ? ? ? [ DetailData ] <!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->(containing headings of detail data)<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
    ? ? ? ? [ SubDetailData ] <!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->(containing initial detail data)<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
    Now the bands are printed in the correct order, but I don't know if this is a good solution.

gordk wrote: »
    i suggest you run the main demo and look at the various reports for ideas.
    Maybe I haven't looked thoroughly but demos were not helpful in this case.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 7:28PM
    i expect you did not look thoroughly enough.
    under basic reports you have a master detail subdetail report
    and a nested group report which shows how to do the same using 1 query using all the tables.
    I don' think I use two group headers. I use one "GroupHeader" and one "normal" Header. I now got a solution by adding a "SubDetailData" band and put the headings in the "DetailData" band:
    I think what gordk meant was
    "what you SHOULD do is use two group headers"
    technisoft wrote: »
    I think what gordk meant was
    "what you SHOULD do is use two group headers"
    Oh, ok... a misunderstanding caused by my bad English. I will try it out and see if it is better than "my" solution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.