Delphi XE6

edited 5:52PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi

do you have an estimation on when will be available version for XE6?
Both for vcl and fmx.

Thanks

Comments

• edited 5:52PM
    GeorgeB wrote: »
    Hi

do you have an estimation on when will be available version for XE6?
    Both for vcl and fmx.

Thanks

+1

I have FastReport 4 VCL and i use XE6 now, i wait for the compatibility...
    +1 Here.

The compatibility would be appreciated.
    An estimation of the release date would at least give us some visibility.
    Are we talking about days? or weeks?
    Has anyone tried to install FR5 and then compile the packages with Delphi XE6? I will give it a shot and report here.

Salut,
    Mathias
    +1 Here

I need this version too.

Bye

Pascal
    Thanks Mathias i would like to know the results.
    Mathias wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to install FR5 and then compile the packages with Delphi XE6? I will give it a shot and report here.

Salut,
    Mathias
  • edited May 2014
    Hello GeorgeB,

I have tried to compile under XE6. The readability suffers from lots of compiler directives for all the different versions supported (Delphi as well FPC & Lazarus). I found plenty of low-level access to calculate temporary folder & file names (partially in several units doing nearly the same thing). If you are using Delphi XE2 or later the authors could/should use System.IOUtils.TPath. I stopped after amending several units as I had more pressing tasks to do. It is certainly possible, but what caused me to move on was that I found multiple implementations of the same thing. If I get more time again, I might revisit the task. At this stage I hope that migrating FR 5 from XE5 to XE6 will be done soon by the authors of FastReport.

Salut,
    Mathias
    Still nor Response from FastReport INC?????

We just wan't a release date for the XE6 compatibility of FastReport4!

FWIW, I emailed them late April, and they responded that XE6 will be available during May. So, in theory, should be sometime this month.
  • gpigpi
    edited 5:52PM
    FR 4.15.11 with XE6 support available at this moment

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.