BCB 6 + XP + FR 2.51 freeze the IDE

Hello,
I have some problem with the FR designer, the package compile normaly, and install well under win XP Pro + BCB6,
But when using the designer ( by db click on the frreport component ), it freeze borland C++ builder 6 and can go back to the IDE ( I have to kill the BCB IDE application by process control under XP Pro to stop the designer).
Is there any problem under XP Pro or Builder C++ 6 patched with the 4th upgrade from borland.

Thank you for your help.

Laurent

P.S: I testded fisrt FR b3 for Kylix 3 with Mandrake Linux Distribution 9.2 and it works fine.
And I decided to purchase the vcl version to prepare the port of my programs to linux (and now I am ;) ).

Thank you for this great Report generator and hope that I will use it very soon under Win.

Comments

• SamuraySamuray Administrator
    edited 4:03AM
    Uninstall FastReport package. Delete all fr*.dcu, fr*.obj, fr*.bpl, fr*.bpi, fr*.lib files and try to reinstall package again.
  • edited 4:03AM
    Hello,
    At the linker pass, a ( french version of BCB 6 ) message said [Error : '' is not a correct integer value ] and the install fail. ;)

Laurent
    Hello,
    I have changed the french ressources ( as noted in http://66.227.63.207/en/forum/index.php?showtopic=127 ) , now i can compile and install but still freezing the BCB IDE when lauching to the report designer.

Laurent
    Hello,
    I found the problem, as i am using a Matrox P750 ( triple headed ), i have configured the power desk in the desktop section to make the lauched application in top and as large as the screen where the cursor is.
    You have to disable this option to make the fr designer works and not freeze the BCB IDE. ;) ;)

Thank you for your help.
    and now i am going to enjoy this fabulous report generator ;-)

As a conclusion : Be carefull when using multi-headed video card.
  • SamuraySamuray Administrator
    edited 4:03AM
    We a not have Matrox P750 ;)
    Shall be grateful for help in decision of this problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.