FastReport vs ReportBuilder

edited July 2006 in FastReport 3.0
Hi,

Can somebody here explain me the advantages of FastReport over ReportBuilder and Rave?

I need to give my end users a good report designer.

How do I choose the right reporting tool for me?

I work with BCB.

Please advise,

Chen

Comments

• edited 10:10PM
    There is no way to run from testing all them.
    Hi,

I started to test FastReport, ReportBuilder, and Rave.

But, would you like to give me some more information if you can.

Each one seems to have some advantages over the others.

Since until now I used only QuickReport, I think that I do not have enough experiance to make the best choise.

I would be very thankful if you can share with me your experiance.

Thanks,

Chen

One thing we are looking at is pricing and capabilities of VCLs we buy today. We use RAP and developed a report writer using Advantage. RBs pricing has prompted us to start looking at other reporting tools as
    RB seems to have had a major price jump and we have to figure out what we need from FR and their pricing to accomplish the same functionality as RB requires the Server version to use RAP and it is aa pricey upgrade as the changed
    their pricing and even though we have paid for every Server upgrade since their version 4 I think that was the first, they still want over $600 dollars, for a dang upgrade. At least $100 more than the last one
    and it was already pricey for several years now. Our market is too competitive for that pricing as the $499 was more than enough every year. RB is a great product but they are loosing a lot of developers who
    do not have big $$$ to pay for their new upgrade costs. We cater to small practices who want one on one custom support and guidance.

If Fast-Reports can convert all of our RB templates easily and they have small business pricing we will be using it. We have always prided ourselves on superior service and low cost but between the costs of
    Delphi, VCLs, and the ANSI and HL7 specs and tool costs, we are forced to look at changing.

This may not help you but it is my 3 cents.

Now, if anyone has converted RD templates based on Advantage DB to Fast-reports I would love to hear how it went and if you would share your process.

Regards, Dan >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.