QR code support

hpshps
edited 5:53PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi,

are there any plans to add support of QR codes? If so, in which timeframe can we expect it ?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 5:53PM
    Use third-party components
    See attach
  • edited 5:53PM
    doncht wrote: »
    Ahhhh. Thanks. I never really thought that we have this option. Thank you for putting this up.
    thx for the new featuer. once I had to create QR code with online qr code generator like this .Now it is possiable with FastReport ,very convinient.
  • gpi wrote: »
    Use third-party components
    See attach

The Demo-App produced a Memory Leak. ....
    I think, the QRCode- object must be free!??? Is this right?

procedure TfrxQRcode.Draw(Canvas: TCanvas; ScaleX, ScaleY, OffsetX, OffsetY: Extended);
    var
    bmp: tbitmap;
    r: TRect;
    begin
    inherited;
    BeginDraw(Canvas, ScaleX, ScaleY, OffsetX, OffsetY);
    if Text <> '' then
    begin
    bmp := TQRCode.GetBitmapImage(Text, FParams.FMargin, FParams.FPixelSize);
    Width := bmp.Width * ScaleX;
    Height := bmp.Height * ScaleY;
    r := Rect(FX, FY, FX + Round(Width), FY + Round(Height));
    frxDrawGraphic(Canvas, r, bmp, IsPrinting, True, False, clNone);
    bmp.free; // FIX
    end;
    end;
    doncht wrote: »
    Ahhhh. Thanks. I never really thought that we have this option. Thank you for putting this up.
    Nowadays it is very easy to create barcode with a third party control. I used a tool to create QR Code in C#. In the first time, I did not know QR Code can be created in many platforms, I chose a wrong barcode generator called QR Code generator for VB.NET. So I suggest you think twice about the barcode generator before you choose. It's my experience.
    poisy wrote: »
    i have several years' experience in generating barcode, i think some turioals and articles might be helpful. you can google QR code, and some articles can be available. i can give you some if you need .

this is the turoial of generating QR code , you can ,make it as reference and the tool if free for 30 days.

this is the barcode generator in c# and other formats, i think it might also be helpful

good luck.

Thanks for sharing. Product is very good and professional. Just that there is a watermark in each of the generated barcode. Any idea how to remove it ??

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.