Performance between V1 and V2

edited 8:24AM in FastCube 2
Hi.

I'm FastCube V1 and V2 user.
I've tested both performance with Delphi XE3 and FireDAC on 112,000 records table.
This table has 7 columns and 1 index on 2 columns.
I measured time from (setting on X,Y,measure column) to (display Cube grid).
The result is
V1 : about 4 seconds
V2 : about 45 seconds
Well....my setting on V2 is wrong?

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Hello.

Very interesting question but without looking on your application and your databse we can't say for sure what is the reason. By our tests FC2 loads data a bit faster than FC1 but this depends on data types. If your fields are string fields then this can indeen make FC2 much slower on data load.

Please send us a test application and a database file. You don't need to send us private data - just generate some data to give us an ability to test.

Best regards,
    Paul Ishenin
  • edited 8:24AM
    Hello, paul
    Thank you for your reply.
    OK. Which address can I send my Appl and DB?

wrote: »
    Hello.

Very interesting question but without looking on your application and your databse we can't say for sure what is the reason. By our tests FC2 loads data a bit faster than FC1 but this depends on data types. If your fields are string fields then this can indeen make FC2 much slower on data load.

Please send us a test application and a database file. You don't need to send us private data - just generate some data to give us an ability to test.

Best regards,
    Paul Ishenin
  • edited November 2013
    piyochan wrote: »
    Hello, paul
    Thank you for your reply.
    OK. Which address can I send my Appl and DB?

Please send it using a support request. Then it will be visible for all support team, not only for me.
  • edited 8:24AM
    Thanks to Support team.
    I made a wrong use of new method.
    After correction on my code according to support team advice,
    condition:
    view cube on 112,000 record view table
    v1 : 4sec
    v2 : 1sec

Version2 is about 4 times faster than version1.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.