How to display data in 3*3 grid with specific order

I want to display data from table to fast report in 3 * 3 grid in following order (plz see attached image file below)

screen5.jpg

Anyone have idea how to accomplish this, at the moment I able to to show data from database table to the fast report columnwise. but I want to show it rowwise as shown in figure. How to achieve it ?

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 9:16AM
    set the columns on the master data band.
  • edited October 2013
    I got one .fr3 grid template which a subreport is used as follows

screen1.jpg

Here actually creator wants to display ID and corresponding Description from the particular table then how he would have declared multiple variable like

ID1, ID2, ID3 & DESC1, DESC2, DESC3 etc..

What it stands for ?

I also have attached .fr3 for reference.
    i am just guessing it appears they are possinbly variables.
    they could be linked to datafields in the table
    or they could be given values using the onget value event.
  • edited 9:16AM
    gordk wrote: »
    i am just guessing it appears they are possinbly variables.
    they could be linked to datafields in the table
    or they could be given values using the onget value event.

I am using subreport at main page inside MasterData1 band. At subreport MasterData band is as follows

MasterData1 band

TfrxReportPage1 - Columns 2

masterdata1.jpg

SubReport - MasterData2 properties Columns 3 , RowCount 9

masterdata.jpg

But when I previewed fast report it is just repeating same data in each grid on page as follows. I am getting repeated data like this, it is repeating id's 1 to 9 again in each masterband.

continueddata.jpg

I am using frxDBDataSet1 to display data (Number Of Records set to 9). There are in total 28 records so it is expected to show four 3*3 grids on page with 27 IDs. but rather it is repeating first 9 ID's in each 3*3 grid as shown above.

Any idea how to avoid repetition of same data in each band?

Is there any more tutorial topics and sample codes/ demos explaining use of multiple pages and subreport at Fast Report. How to use multiple pages at Fast Report?
    1 The band must be connected to the dataset to iterate through its records or you must write code to move the dataset.
    2 your subreport object should not be on the page but in a band, probably a detailband
    set to stretch
    3 you are stating that there is a posibility of 36 detail records for each master1 record so you may find that you cannot work using the column approach but need to write code to track and alter the report engines curx and cury settings in the obp event and oap event of the masterdata2 band.
    gordk wrote: »
    1 The band must be connected to the dataset to iterate through its records or you must write code to move the dataset.
    2 your subreport object should not be on the page but in a band, probably a detailband
    set to stretch
    3 you are stating that there is a posibility of 36 detail records for each master1 record so you may find that you cannot work using the column approach but need to write code to track and alter the report engines curx and cury settings in the obp event and oap event of the masterdata2 band.

Is there any way to set new range for frxDBDataset dynamically? i.e suppose if we set frxDBDataset range for first 9 records then after printing first 9 records can we set next range dynamically in code as 10 to 18 ?
    no you cannot, when you reaxh the end of the detaildataset the first master is moved to the next record
  • gpigpi
    Try to use Masterdata2 from subreport instead of MasterData1

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.