Documentation with "What" and "Why" answers?

Mark ElderMark Elder SD, USA
edited 1:04AM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

I'm trying to get started with my first Fast Report Projects. I'm having trouble finding documentation that answers "what" and "why" type questions. For example I have been looking at the DoublePass property in the help files trying to figure out if I should set it for my reports.

This is all I can find in any of the help files:
property DoublePass: Boolean;
Defines whether a report is a two-pass one.

DoublePass: Boolean
Equal to ???True,??? if the report is a two-pass one. Analogous to Report.EngineOptions.DoublePass.

I have a the following files:
- DeveloperManual-en.chm
- FR4.6ProgrammerManual-en.chm
- FR4.6.UserManual-en.chm
- FR4.hlp.

Am I missing a different resource out there that will explain what happens differently What will happen when different properties are set and Why they should be changed?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments

• edited 1:04AM
    Mark Elder wrote: »
    Defines whether a report is a two-pass one.

Hello,

there is no additional documentation. The only way to find out is, try for yourself or ask here.

DoublePass property allows to inquire/use informations which are only available after the report has already created. For example if you want to print number of total pages on your pagefooter.

Best regards

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.