Align baWidth works different

edited September 2004 in FastReport 3.0
Hi, with <=2.53, I used to have a Memo or a Shape rectangle with border and the aligh set to baWidth (using a big Height), and put inside it one or more small Memo with the acutal text/fields so I could have a larger frame where put some fields/labels.
Now the "frame" control (the underlying one), if I put another Memo upon it, resizes itself from the left border of the page to the leftmost position of the control.
This is a very interesting behaviour, but unfortunatly ruins my "old way" reports.
I would like to know, since I've tried without success:
a) is there one more property to set to have the "old" behaviour?
B) is there another method to get the same result?
Thanks a lot, and looking forward the next build with IB_ support, so I will start using what seems to be really a fabolous reporting tools (and also huntig for some inevitable bugs ;))
Best regards

Comments

• edited 3:22AM
    Old behaviour is not supported anymore. You shouldn't use baWidth if you have intersecting objects.
  • edited September 2004
    Any workaround? I would like to have something like this:

|
    |
    | |
    | N. Items 25 Total 254 Status DONE |
    | |
    |
    |

The "border" should dinamically stretch to the page widht, while the controls inside can be in a fixed position regarding the left margin.
    Thanks
    btw, posting this message, the blank spages are unfortunatly "eaten", ho pe you can get the concept anyway

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.