PDF Export Problem

Good Day,

I moved from the free Fast-Report in Rad Studio 4 to the paid version last week. Now if I export a report to pdf, the first pdf works fine. If I create another one from the application the created pdf gives an error:

"There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (18)"

If I hold cntrl and click OK it gives a bit more information:

"Expected a name object"

This is very strange since the first pdf creates without any errors. Perhaps I need to clear something in the code first ? It was working fine before I installed the paid version.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Simon Gerber

Comments

• edited 4:14AM
    When I have such problems and see nothing obvious that is wrong I remove the drop-in component, TfrxPDFexport, and create it dynamically.
    The creation/destruction is now under my control and I can do create at appropriate places, I can have multiple instances, etc. It will also ensure that all its variables are initialized to their correct initial values.
    If that doesn't help then it becomes a real debugging session.

Good Luck
  • edited 4:14AM
    technisoft wrote: »
    When I have such problems and see nothing obvious that is wrong I remove the drop-in component, TfrxPDFexport, and create it dynamically.
    The creation/destruction is now under my control and I can do create at appropriate places, I can have multiple instances, etc. It will also ensure that all its variables are initialized to their correct initial values.
    If that doesn't help then it becomes a real debugging session.

Good Luck

Thank you for the response, creating the component dynamically worked and solved the issue.

Appreciated!

Simon.
  • edited October 2013
    I have the same problem but in BDS. I create TfrxPDFExport object dynamically and the first PDF file is correct but the next files won't open and it shows document error (18).

Regards
    Geralt

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.