DB Memo expressions not evaluated

edited 5:35PM in FastReport 4.0
I have 10 memo fields. All contain the SAME stuff. I thought I would make the FIRST one be the template and then all the other 9 would REFER to that template. That way, when I need to change the memo, all I need to do is change the FIRST memo, and then POOF, all the other 9 would be changed as well.

Ok, so I create a MAccountName memo. And I set the text to
Account Name:[<frxDBDataSet1."LetterGreeting">]

Then all other 9 memo field's text is set to
[MAccountName.TEXT]

So when the report comes out, the first memo shows the correct text "Account Name: Davie Lee" which is driven by the dataset. But the other 9 shows this "Account Name:[<frxDBDataSet1."LetterGreeting">]"

It's as though the text was copied over, but NOT EVALUATED. Very strange.

HINT: When my template memo contains [PAGE] then the other 9 memos come out with what I would expect .... ie .. a page number and NOT the "[PAGE]" as text.

So, it would appear that at least some system varaiables work as expected, but the dataset variables do not ;(

Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance
VBDavie

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 5:35PM
    [MAccountName.TEXT]

this

is the actual text of the MAccountName memo not what is displayed in the memo after processing

• edited 5:35PM
    gordk wrote: »
    [MAccountName.TEXT]

this

is the actual text of the MAccountName memo not what is displayed in the memo after processing

CORRECT!!!
    I wish I could access a property that would give me the DISPLAYED text instead of the actual text of the memo. I looked for a property like "DisplayText" and could not find it. But, we both know what's going on, but HOW TO MAKE IT WORK?

VBDAVie
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 5:35PM
    try yourmemoname.value
    just create a variable and associate to the datafield and use it in all the memos,

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.