Bug in rendering of Underline in PDF Export?

Using: Delphi XE2, Fast Reports latest version, Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Pls see attached file which is a PDF export from a Fast Reports report.

Notice the underlining of the text (TfrxMemoview) in the header is correct for the first detail (of the first master), but for the next detail headers, the underline is being rendered as a dashed line.

Pls. fix and release update and let me know when its fixed.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited 9:40PM
    Using: Fast Report 4.14, Delphi XE2 VCL forms Win32 project, Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Adobe ACROBAT Reader XI 11.0.3 64-bit

It seems like I found another rendering goof in the PDF export.

After opening the PDF file (Adobe Acrobat Reader here) there are cropped title text appearing under each database text item in a data band (Master Data in this case). Image attached.

Please fix this.
  • BinBin
    edited 9:40PM
    I have a similar problem which is when your line your fields from all sides and then put them next to each other, The lines sometimes seem to be overlapping each other a little bit even though measurements are correct 100%.

Fast report is a great suite for developers but these essential problems that have ignored by FR development team as "Later fix" do embarrass us in front of customers.

I have been seriously thinking about shifting to another report builder lately.

Hope your problem gets fixed.

Bin.
  • edited 9:40PM
    Bin wrote: »
    I have been seriously thinking about shifting to another report builder lately.
    If FR5 doesn't appear soon I will think along similar lines. What would you consider to be potential replacements?

• BinBin
    We have been waiting for FR5 for a year now but I mean i'm fine with the delay because I have seen in youtube that FR team have put a lot of serious effort into polishing it.

Since I have used FR, i'm happy except for the designer. I and my team do make a separate phase of development dedicated to polishing FR reports graphically which is a pain in the bones!!!

For a qualified rival, I personally consider digital metaphors report builder. They have been aggressive in developing their products lately. FR also is doing the same thing but in another direction (FMX Reports).

If you have anything to share, please go ahead.

Thanks.
  • hsmhsm
    .... but for the next detail headers, the underline is being rendered as a dashed line.

I have the opposite problem.
    Memos that have a dashed border are exported to pdf with solid borders - and some get changed to bold as well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.