event on engine.newpage

edited 10:53AM in FastReport 4.0
hello,

I want to know, if it is possible to detect when the engine is changing for a new page ? (on before newpage maybe ?)

For example: I want to print a non attached child only at the moment when the engine finishes a page for a new one.
There a line on the child. I want to have one line printed on each page when the page is finished.

Thanks

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 10:53AM
    Check Engine.FreeSpace
  • edited 10:53AM
    hello,

In fact I explain my problem since the beginning because , probably the way I have choosen (work with child) is not good.

Here is the structure of my report: very basic and simple

page header

masterdata

detail header
    detaildata
    child (attached to detaildata)

masterfooter

page footer

The problem is the master footer is printed only at the end of the masterdata and I want it to be printed on each page.
    There a line on it and it is more beautiful to have a line at the bottom to close the page.
    The child contains stretched data (text field) and I don't want the child to be cut from one page to another.

Thanks,

• edited 10:53AM
    Hi fred, any updates if you were able to find a work around on this yet?
  • gpigpi
    edited 10:53AM
    Place line on separate child band with height = 1 and use Engine.ShowBand to show your child band with line when you want

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.