Can I make StartNewPage conditional?

edited 6:19PM in FastReport 4.0
I have a report where a band should be able to start a new page depending on a user configuration when committing the data. The idea is that the option to page break is part of the parameters sent to the report module for gathering the data.

Right now StartNewPage seems to be a boolean value, but it is somehow possible to make it conditional? And how would I go about doing that?

Comments

• dschuchdschuch Dresden,Germany
    edited 6:19PM
    Svip wrote: »
    I have a report where a band should be able to start a new page depending on a user configuration when committing the data. The idea is that the option to page break is part of the parameters sent to the report module for gathering the data.

Right now StartNewPage seems to be a boolean value, but it is somehow possible to make it conditional? And how would I go about doing that?

You can do this in your Script/Code. There is a command that Starts a new page, currently not sure of the exact wording of the command.

We have implemented this with a UserFunction in Delphi:

frxReport1.AddFunction('procedure NewPage', 'Custom-Report', 'Forms a new Page');

If SameText(MethodName, 'NEWPAGE') then
    frxReport1.Engine.NewPage
  • edited 6:19PM
    Quick question here. How about the property of the Child for StartNewPage, should we set something on it?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.