Report with recursive data

Hi,
a have a database with a very simple structure, which builds tree-like structures.

I have the following data (of course some more fields)
ID
ParentID

When the parentID is NULL, then it's a top-Level

Now in fastreport, I want to show this data of all this levels.

Any ideas? ;)

Thanks
Willi

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 9:45PM
    Willi if you can get the data into a treelist fr can print the list
    goto the public binaries news group there is a demo posted there.
    ;)
  • edited 9:45PM
    Thanks for this tip,

I also can use this. ;)
    but I couldn't find this "public binaries" ;)

But:
    I think, I wrote it not very clearly: I don't want to show only this tree, for each "node" of this tree I want to show more data (address, Memos...).
    So maybe I can create databands in a recursive way. But I don't know how to do it in a report
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 9:45PM
    willi
    newsgroups are at
    nntp://198.63.208.239
    fastreports.public.binaries.
    remember a data band is just a place holder on a design page, which controls the formatting of the produced page. it can be connected to virtual n records, frdbdatset, or fruserdataset where you control record positioning.
    ;)
  • edited 9:45PM
    Hi
    I think, I still could explain, what I want. I think, it would not be a problem to generate the report over the tree-like database-structure in Delphi.

But I have a system, where the customer can make all his reports.
    I have to do it in fastreport - that's my problem. ;)

Thanks
    Willi

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.