Fixed Text & DataBand side by side

Hi,

I am trying to lay out a report where there are, in effect, two columns. The left column has the rows of data and the right column has fixed text. I tried to use an overlay band but there are instances where the data in the left column is small and so the overlay band bleeds into the footer. Ascii art example:
{       HEADER     }
{ROWS}  {Fixed Text}
{      Footer      }

Any ideas as to how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Shawn

Comments

• edited 4:00AM
    So I think I have a solution, just not sure it is the best one.

I added a handler for AfterCalcHeight to resize the footer band so that it will expand to cover the height of an overlay band.
    procedure Footer1OnAfterCalcHeight(Sender: TfrxComponent);
    begin
      if Engine.CurY + Footer1.Height < Overlay1.Height then                                                                                                          
        Footer1.Height := Overlay1.Height - Engine.CurY;
    end;

Took a while to find Engine.CurY but once I did this seems to work.

I would still prefer a solution that does not use code though.

Shawn
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:00AM
    did you not try to set the databand's stretch property to true and the memoview's stretch mode properties.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.