A little guidance for a beginner please? Dialog & DateEdit control

edited 12:14AM in FastReport 4.0
I am wondering how to use the DateEdit control..

I have designed the report, but as one of the fields is a date I am hoping to use a DateEdit control to provide a 'start' and 'end' date.

So after adding a 2 DateEdit controls onto the dialog box, 'StartDateEdit' and 'EndDateEdit' I am wondering how to point them to the date field.

any help at all welcomed, many thanks

Comments

• edited 12:14AM
    IkeaGuy wrote: »
    I am wondering how to use the DateEdit control..

I have designed the report, but as one of the fields is a date I am hoping to use a DateEdit control to provide a 'start' and 'end' date.

So after adding a 2 DateEdit controls onto the dialog box, 'StartDateEdit' and 'EndDateEdit' I am wondering how to point them to the date field.

any help at all welcomed, many thanks

You have to program it by yourself in the FR4 designer code area. As you described you would like to assign a start and end date to select the report data. So It depends how you realized the data access for the report. I suggest to assign the date values from dialog page to the datasets you use to select the report data

Best regards - Ulrich

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.