oh dear: unsupported format?

Hi

My report was coming on nicely....... until I added shape's in the form of rectangles around my fields to give a nice 'table' effect. Now I can preview my report and it looks fine. It worked for a while, but now when I try and compile my project I get the error '???? ?­? ?©?¤???­ ???«? ?±?± ' trfshapeview and then an error saying unsupported format.

If I delete the shapes it seems fine.

What have i done? How can I get round this?

Thanks again for all your help

Pete

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 10:17PM
    did you place a shape component on the delphi form?
    ;)
  • edited 10:17PM
    Hiya

No, the shapes are being added to the report in designer mode. All I have on my form is the tfrreport and datasource components.

I also tried saving the report and loading it in at run time, but get the same error on the frreport1.loadfromfile line.

As I say, if i delete the rectangles, there are 18 of them, from the page header and master data bands the report works fine.....

Thanks again for the help
    Pete
    hi pete
    you also have to add it to the the underlying delphi form.
    or you will get the problem you describe.
    You must do this with any of the addin objects on the fastreport tab of the ide.
    ie barcode, chart, etc.
    ;)
  • edited 10:17PM
    Ah HA!!

Thank you ;) ;) ;)
    Hi Pete here is a link that might help you out as to what you can and cant do in fr versions.
    http://www.fast-report.com/en/comparison.php
    ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.