Mailing labels

GreatDayDanGreatDayDan Keller, Texas
edited 9:43AM in FastReport 4.0
Good Morning!

FR 4.12 Standard, Delphi 6, XP.

I am trying to print a sheet of 30 mailing labels. I have a MasterData band with Height = 2.40, Columns = 3, ColumnGap = .25. I have a Header band, height = 1.00, to push the first row down.

I have 3 data fields.

I have tried various MD band heights trying to get the 'labels' to line up with a sheet of labels, but so far no luck. > The fist one is OK but each one after is too high.[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I increased the MD band height but if it is too much then the 10th row moves to the next page. I have attached the fr3 file. Can someone explain how to create mail labels?[/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Cya...Dan'l[/img]

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 9:43AM
    look for selfcontained label demo way back( 3yrs) in binaries news group
    hint use 1 memo to contain 3 data fields,size data band to height of label
    plus vertical space betwen labels.
  • edited January 2012
    Unlike dot-matrix printers many ink-jet and laser printers have their own margins which may result in one or the label rows not being usable or spilling onto a new page.
    I think the Avery range of labels has a layout with a half label at the top and bottom of the A4 page. This solves the problem neatly.
  • GreatDayDanGreatDayDan Keller, Texas
    edited January 2012
    Good Morning!

I am trying to print a sheet of 30 mailing labels. I have a MasterData band with Height = 2.40, Columns = 3, ColumnGap = .25. I have a Header band, height = 1.00, to push the first row down.

I have 3 data fields.

I have tried various MD band heights trying to get the 'labels' to line up with a sheet of labels, but so far no luck. > The fist one is OK but each one after is too high.[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I increased the MD band height but if it is too much then the 10th row moves to the next page. I have attached the fr3 file. Can someone explain how to create mail labels?[/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Cya...Dan'l[/img]

Good Morning!

OK, I found the demo. From it I learned about setting the top & left margins. Now the first 'label' starts at the right point.

The problem I am having is getting the rows 2-10 labels to line up with the paper labels. If I set the MD height (to leave a gap between rows) too high, the fist one is OK but each one after is too high & the report will print 9 rows then go to the next page. Since the page has 10 rows of labels, this will not work.

I have attached the latest fr3 file.

Thanks...Dan'l
  • edited 9:43AM
    Good Morning!

I have 3 data fields.

Good Morning!

OK, I found the demo. From it I learned about setting the top & left margins. Now the first 'label' starts at the right point.

The problem I am having is getting the rows 2-10 labels to line up with the paper labels. If I set the MD height (to leave a gap between rows) too high, the fist one is OK but each one after is too high & the report will print 9 rows then go to the next page. Since the page has 10 rows of labels, this will not work.

Thanks...Dan'l

Did you manage to solve your problem ?
    i have the same problem as you now. if you manage to solve your problem, please guide me, how did you fix it ?
    i have struggling for almost one day to fix this label printing.

thanks in advance
  • GreatDayDanGreatDayDan Keller, Texas
    edited 9:43AM
    batozai wrote: »
    Good Morning!

I have 3 data fields.

Good Morning!

Thanks...Dan'l

Did you manage to solve your problem ?
    i have the same problem as you now. if you manage to solve your problem, please guide me, how did you fix it ?
    i have struggling for almost one day to fix this label printing.

thanks in advance

Good Morning!

Yes I did, but I cannot explain how right now. I cannot load most of my projects for now.

What I can do is show you the code. The attached file has the code that I used to print the labels.

HTH...Dan'l

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.