expressions?

Hi
Me again! ;)

I am now trying to add up values in different fields, for each row, like a calculated field. I have tried adding an object with:

sum([qryP1b."MARK"]+[qryp1a."MARK"]+[qryTotals."CAST"]

at the end of the row in the master data band but what I see in my report is: sum(3+4+2) where the numbers are the values from the fields.

what do I need to do in order to get 9?

Thanks again for the help

Pete

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 9:06PM
    hi pete
    dont use sum function it is used for adding values in footers of rows above, and is usually used with extended syntax
    [Sum([v or dfldnme],bandname,1)]
    band name is the name of the databand as shown in object inspector.
    1 is optional if used it picks up non visible values.

just add [] around the whole expression
    qryP1b."MARK"] + [qryp1a."MARK"] + [qryTotals."CAST"
    ;)
  • edited 9:06PM
    Thank YOU ;)
  • edited 9:06PM
    Sorry tired, didnt mean to shout ;) should have been a plain old 'thank you'! ;)
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 9:06PM
    Maybe i'm tired to, didn't notice.
    BTW if you are trying to get rowtotals in a memo located on a cross footer intersecting a mdband you may have to use Sum function like the basic crossdemo
    [Sum([Cell])]
    ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.