Detail key in master-detail?

edited March 2013 in FastReport 4.0
I have a report with one master data and several detail data. The data for each band is a preset dataset. How do I tell FastReport which column/key in each dataset, I want to group/sort by?

e.g.
Master
[id] [text]
Detail on id=id
[info]

That is, when the columns of the same name in both master and detail have the same value. I know I have seen a demo example of it before, but I cannot for the life of me find it again.

For the record, the datasets are TClientDataSet.

Comments

• edited 3:37AM
    Sorry, but for me it is hard to understand what are relations between rows of Master and Detail(s) in your issue.
    Could give some more examples using any data instead of column names?
  • edited March 2013
    Edit: Never mind. I sorted it out.

Using the FRDemo as my base, I figured out how to work with DataSources and MasterFields, MasterSource and IndexFieldNames.

It's a little confusing at first, but once you understand it, it makes sense.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.