slow preview on Windows 7

edited 11:21AM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

I'm testing today one software on windows 7 32 bit.
I 've noticed the preview is slower than in windows XP
(3 secondes on XP and 6 secondes on W7 for the same work)

So my questions is :
- it's slow because of windows7
- it's slow because the display of the windows 7 computer is a 1650 x 1080 resolution and the preview in scale 100% apears in 2 pages on the screen width.
(on the XP computer the displays is lower so we see only one page on the screen in scale 100 %)

Regards

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 11:21AM
    wrote:
    - it's slow because the display of the windows 7 computer is a 1650 x 1080 resolution and the preview in scale 100% apears in 2 pages on the screen width.
    (on the XP computer the displays is lower so we see only one page on the screen in scale 100 %)
    Increase preview zoom in Win7 or decrease in XP and check your question
  • edited 11:21AM
    Hello,

I tried to increase the zoom but no difference.

On XP the first page appears immediately, and the second pass is finished after 2.8 s

On W7: nothing appears at the beginning. We see the pass counter working at the bottom left. And after 6.32 s the report appears.

Same software, same querie, same report but two results ?
    (the report has 70 pages)

Regards
  • gpigpi
    edited 11:21AM
    Try FRDemo. Do you get same behavior?
    Hello,

No problem with FRdemo. It run good and fast.

Regards
    fred42 wrote: »
    It seems logical to me that processing data for 2 pages takes twice as long as for one page only.
    FR probably wants to fill the full screen with full pages, so if you can get 2 pages on the screen you'll have to wait until 2 pages are generated.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.