Questions about demo version

edited 9:23AM in FastCube
Hi everybody,

I'd like to know:

- Is there a compiled demo with a FastCube Designer that I can download and see how to create a new example without using Delphi?
- Is it possible to use TDataset in FC other than through BDE?

Regards
Mick

Comments

• edited 9:23AM
    Hi.

1. You can see compiled demo in http://www.fast-report.com/en/download/fast-cube/
    2. You can use any descendants of TDataset.

Best regards,
    Oleg Pryalkov.
  • edited 9:23AM
    wrote: »
    1. You can see compiled demo in http://www.fast-report.com/en/download/fast-cube/
    Thank you Oleg,

I know that complied demo and spent some time looking at it.
    But it is quite different than FastReport VCL compiled demo, where I can see and use Designer that allows me to construct the whole report from TDataset to Pages, bands and memos.

The demo you've mentioned has a closed set of examples (mds files) and it DOESN'T allow me to construct quite new example.
    I mean my own source table and other things I can read from documentaion like Data converter.
    Or maybe I can't find how to create new example in FC demo [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> We've been using FR VCL since 2005 and till now we've made over than 600 reports, last year we started with FastReport.Net so we have a lots of experience with you product. Now I want to make sure that FastCube is really the thing we MUST have. I read about FC version 2 beta, but first I'd like to verify FC 1 allows me to connect to our database (or any use for tests) and construct our own example. Shortly - help me to find a way to test FC demo in the way I wrote above[/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Regards Mick[/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.