FR 4.10

Additional Option:
+ added option EmbedProt which allows to disable embedding fonts into an encrypted PDF file

It is not clear to me what this options does. As far as I can figure out it is the same as 'EmbeddedFont' but operates conditionally on whether a password is present or not.

However, the old problem of Encrypted PDF without embedded font is still present and the PDF document consist of rows of dots only. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Fonts therefore have to embedded which produces huge output files, in the order of 1Mb for a single A4 page (compressed). People who are sending out customer statements over a dial-up line, or who are on a DSL line but with limited bandwidth, are not happy at all. Neither am I as these problems are floating around for months now. I just hope that the coming V5 resolves these issues. Also, for V5, the new 2D barcodes are certainly welcome, but what about GS1 DataBar (formely RSS)?[/img]

Comments

• edited 6:30PM
    The EmbedProt property was added on my request.

I was also (and still am) having problems with the PDF file sizes when the PDF is encrypted. Since the fonts were automatically being embedded as soon as the report was encrypted, I thought this property might solve my problem because I could then control whether or not fonts should be embedded when the file is encrypted. They added the property for me, but it did not solve my problem. If the fonts are not embedded in an encrypted PDF, it produces the unreadable "dots" when opened in Acrobat Reader.

So this property is actually useless. If you set it to False, the resulting PDF is unreadable. They might as well take this property out again.
  • edited 6:30PM
    technisoft wrote: »
    but what about GS1 DataBar (formely RSS)?
    Wrote my own component which is capable of printing RSS-14 Barcodes. See here:
    http://www.fast-report.com/en/forum/index....amp;#entry27000

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.