missing class

I am very new to fast reports. I am evaluating it as a solution for reporting data from a Delphi application.

I am using the demo version until I can verify that it will work.

I have designed a report in the designer and saved the report

I opened my application and placed the frxreport1 object on my form.

self.frxReport1.LoadFromFile('dayend_report.frx');
self.frxReport1.PrepareReport();
self.frxReport1.ShowPreparedReport;

when the code runs it throws the following error: 'Class report not found'

when I go to my USES section of the code and try to find the declaration, it says 'frxclass.pas' not found. I searched my entire hard drive and 'frxclass.pas' is not there.

Am I missing something pretty basic?

Comments

• Still scratching my head with this one... I found a reference to this on the web and it appears that the frxclass.pas file is only available with the registered product. So, I decided to roll the dice and buy the product. I now have the file it is in my path, but I am still getting the error 'Class report not found'.

Any thoughts. This program looks really promising, but I can't seem to get past the simplest implementation.

Jeffrey R. Anderson

I am very new to fast reports. I am evaluating it as a solution for reporting data from a Delphi application.

I am using the demo version until I can verify that it will work.

I have designed a report in the designer and saved the report

I opened my application and placed the frxreport1 object on my form.

self.frxReport1.PrepareReport();
    self.frxReport1.ShowPreparedReport;

when the code runs it throws the following error: 'Class report not found'

when I go to my USES section of the code and try to find the declaration, it says 'frxclass.pas' not found. I searched my entire hard drive and 'frxclass.pas' is not there.

Am I missing something pretty basic?
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:06PM
    first You appear to be posting in the wrong forum.
    Which product are you using ?
    fr4 for delphi and c or fr4.net
    Also this appears to be bad code for fr4 for delphi
    why the self, normally you would run from the onclick event of a button on the form.
    begin
    frxreport1.loadfromfile('fullpathandfilename.fr3');
    frxreport1.preparereport;
    frxreport1.showpreparedreport;
  • edited 12:06PM
    i see you site and like him very much
    Still scratching my head with this one... I found a reference to this on the web and it appears that the frxclass.pas file is only available with the registered product. So, I decided to roll the dice and buy the product. I now have the file it is in my path, but I am still getting the error 'Class report not found'.
    I'm in the same boat. Searched around for reporting tools for Delphi, Fast Report seemed ok but has turned out to be a nightmare. I'd not recommend this to my worst enemy! Poor code and even worse support.

Ask for help and nothing happens.

So on to my problem. I'm creating the report in code (yes, our users don't want to see the report designer hell)... for example adding a Master Data to the report from code.

var
    MasterData : TfrxMasterData;
    MemoView : TfrxMemoView;
    ds : TfrxUserDataSet;
    begin
    MasterData := TfrxMasterData.Create(APage);
    MasterData.CreateUniqueName;

ds := TfrxUserDataSet.Create(MasterData);
    ds.CreateUniqueName;
    ds.RangeEnd := reCount;
    ds.RangeEndCount := 10;
    ds.OnGetValue := UserDataSetGetValue;

MasterData.DataSet := ds;

ERROR : Project raised exception class EClassNotFound with message 'Class TfrxUserDataSet not found'.

Yes, yes, I do have a TfrxUserDataSet component on the form that 'hosts' the tfrxReport.

HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.