Chart Help

edited 6:18PM in FastReport .NET
Hi guys,

I gave a data set in my Report that has the following data in it :

User - The User name
Date - The date example 2012-05-06 per user
Hour - 0 to 24 per Date
Total - Count of occurrence per hour per date per user

I need to show this data in chart form. Each chart should display all counts per hour per user per selected date(dialogue box).

So i need the following

1.X-axis : Display 0 - 24 (Hours)
2.Y-axis : Displays Count
3.Each user on his own chart

Can anyone help me? Do i use a Group header or is there another way of handling this scenario? I am still new to Fast Reports and struggling at the moment

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited 6:18PM
    Hello,

Try this report design:
    - group header with condition set to username;
    - group data band (empty, zero height)
    - group footer with chart in it. In this case the chart will display data from this group only.
    The chart should be configured as follows -
    - datasource: set to group datasource;
    - x value: hours;
    - y value: count
  • TurntwoTurntwo Folsom, CA
    edited 6:18PM
    Is there a way to make this work with Nested Groups.
    I have a report with the following format
    GH
    GH
    DATA
    GF
    GF (want chart here)

However, the chart on the second GroupFooter only picks up data from the last of the inner Group (So, if grouped by day of week, the chart only has Sunday data). I'd like to have a chart that displayed the data in the same way as if the inner Group didn't exist (so Chart runs over all the data for the outer group).

Thanks,

Jason

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.