Mono

Hi,
it would be great, if the coming .Net version of FastReport could be used with the mono framework also!
I guess FastReport would be the first reporting tool, which supports mono.

see also:
http://www.mono-project.com

Comments

• ShivanShivan Germany
    edited 6:44AM
    Hi,

I tried the demo-version with mono. But it did not work [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Here you can download a vmware image with mono to test it by yourself:[/img] http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

Then copy the files to the vmware system and run it this way:
    mono myapp.exe

I tried a mini app with:
    private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    	report1.Prepare();
    	report1.ShowPrepared();
    }

But only get:
    mono@mono-desktop:~/Dokumente/FR/F1$ mono FRTest.exe 

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in FastReport.Report:.cctor (): IL_0005: pop       

at FRTest.Form1.InitializeComponent () [0x00000] 
      at FRTest.Form1..ctor () [0x00000] 
      at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) FRTest.Form1:.ctor ()
      at FRTest.Program.Main () [0x00000] 

• edited 6:44AM
    Hello,

Since FastReport.Net uses WinAPI calls, it won't run on mono.
  • ShivanShivan Germany
    edited 6:44AM
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Since FastReport.Net uses WinAPI calls, it won't run on mono.

I'm wondering why the FastReport.dll even can't be analyzed with MoMA to see which calls are P/Invokes and are incompatible with Mono...
    Isn't it a "normal" assembly?
    It's obfuscated.
    Great news! Good job! >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.