Non modal report preview? can it be done?

hsmhsm
edited May 2012 in FastReport 4.0
My Delphi 2009 application requires uses to fill in a form on screen summarising some information about their company. To assist them in this I have button that shows a FR4 cross tab report with a matrix of data from various departments within the company.

However, while the report preview is displayed, the user cannot access the delphi form to write anything. It's as if the report preview is modal and the user is required to close that first (remembering what they just read!) before they can make the ordinary delphi form active again and edit some text.

Is the a way to have the report preview shown and also allow another delphi form to accept user input?

Howard

Comments

• hsmhsm
    edited 7:00PM
    OK, I feel really stupid now!
    The modal behaviour was indeeed because the preview was opening as modal.
    The way I stopped this behaviour was highly technical and obviously only understood by a small, elite group of programmers...

To do it I went to the preview properties of the report and changed the 'modal' property from true to... er... false!

<hangs head in shame>

Howard

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.