Web Report Problem

pinbotpinbot Texas
edited 12:42AM in FastReport .NET
oops. Posted in wrong forum.

When using the Web Preview, about half the time I click the buttons to move to another page (or to the last page), it loses all the whole report and says page "2 of 0"

Not every time. Just sometimes.

I cannot seem to find a rhyme or reason why changing pages sometimes works and sometimes shows nothing.

When it messes up, I can then type in a page number in the box, hit return, and the report re-appears.

Hitting refresh will bring the report back.

Comments

• edited 12:42AM
    Hello,

You probably use web garden or web farm?
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 12:42AM

Thanks Alex,

Not on this particular application (although I have used FR.NET on some web gardens).

It's in an application that uses an Ajax Update Panel. I'll try moving outside of the update panel and let you know.

• pinbotpinbot Texas
    Alex,

You are correct. I looked at my IIS settings for the application pool and that application is a web garden.

Is there a fix for FR.Net to store the state information somewhere else or do I need to limit my application pool to 1 instance (worker process)?

Good call.

Bryan

• SamuraySamuray Administrator
    You need to make additional settings in web.config for correct work in Garden/Farm:

<appSettings>
    <add key="FastReportStoragePath" value="~/SharedStorage"/>
    <add key="FastReportStorageTimeout" value="20"/>
    <add key="FastReportStorageCleanup" value="5"/>
    </appSettings>

FastReportStoragePath should be pointed to any folder with read/write permissions for IIS_USER. This folder must be shared for all server if you use Web Farm.
    FastReportStorageTimeout - time for store a report files (minutes).
    FastReportStorageCleanup - time out for run clean-up event (minutes).

You can check settings of handler and storage by URL: [url="http://your_site/FastReport.Export.aspx"; ] http://your_site/FastReport.Export.aspx[/url]

It's true for FastReport 1.8 and newest.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.