Chart Data base on Group Band or Grouped Data

I had searched the forum by "Chart" and read the 4 pages result without getting answer so I asked here.

I had masterdataband which is grouped by several levels of Group Header / Footer which work fine without chat.

Adding chart to last level group footer is also easy and it show only the records in the group.

However, adding chart in other levels or report summary level is not good. It show all individual records within range rather then aggregated data in the last level grouping.

The simplest sample is as below
Type, Item, Value
Fruit,Apple,10
Fruit,Orange,15
Stationary,Pen,22
Stationary,Pencil,8

Let say we group the report by Type and in the Group Footer, the pie chart (label=Item Field, Pie=Value Field) show well the item and value in group.

In Report Summary field the pie chart (label = Type Field, Pie = Value Field) show 4 records, Fruit 10, Fruit 15, Stationary 22, Stationary 8 instead of 2 records Fruit 25, Stationary 30.

I know that I can use fix data and generate the source1, source2 in group footer events.

However, as I had to add chart support to hundreds of reports and the actual reports are much much more levels and complicated that I would like to ask if some setting in the chart components / series component that can achieve the required result.

Please let me know even if using script is the only solution so that I can give up finding the correct setting. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited 12:45PM
    With so much time waiting for an answer even if it is just a simple "NO", I had already add the auto-generation of fixed data source chart and the required scripts for nested grouping to my report generation engine. So consider this question closed.

It seems one cannot get a reply in the forum recently if
    1. asking for anticipated release date of FR5
    2. the question take more than 1 line to answer.

I hope the reason is they are busy preparing the FR5 release. >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.