How to label the bars in a horizontal bar chart?

hsmhsm
edited 5:23PM in FastReport 4.0
I have a report that contains a horizontal bar chart that works well.
The data comes from a table similar to this

StaffName..|..ReplyTime
jim..............|........10
sally............|........15
fred.............|........7
harry...........|........12

I have the StaffName as the Y axis labels (outside the plot area) and plot the ReplyTime as the size of the bar on the X axis. (see sample image attached - if I can attach it properly!)

What I want to do is have the StaffName as a Y axis label on the left as I have it but show the ReplyTime shown in the yellow box at the end of each bar, instead of using a legend.

I've played with the various settings but can either get the staffname in both places or the replytime in both, not one in each place.

How can it be done

Howard

Comments

• hsmhsm
    edited 5:23PM
    As usual, as soon as I post a question I work out the answer! However as I see there are several posts asking the same thing here, none of which have any replies I'm posting the relevant bits here in case it helps someone else

You need to open the chart editor with a double click then click on the series (not the chart)
    in the list of properties look for 'Marks' and expand it with the + sign
    under that set 'style' to 'smsxvalue'

that will give you the X value at that point but there will still be a litle square with the same colour as the series colour

to remove this mark
    look for 'Symbol' (under marks) and expand that
    set visible to false

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.