Suppress Null Date to display

Hi Alex

I have downloaded the trial version and doing a compare with XtraReport, crystal report for my company ERP, your fastreport by far the best I tried, but I have this problem, why when the date is null, it always print 01-Jan-01?, anyway can I supress it to print BLANK or '-'?

I have tried using the Beforeprint evernt to check for DBNull, but it does not work...

Any help?

Dr. Lee

Comments

• pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 4:43PM

There is a "NullValue" property you can set to display a specific value when the data is null.

• edited 4:43PM
    Property NullValue not work for me.
    I have Date field. On that field is assigned format for date, but when column is null, it will show "01.01.0001".
    If I insert something into NullValue, it will always stay same.
    DavidWard wrote: »
    Try the AfterData event instead of BeforePrint, when BeforePrint fires the data fields have not yet been populated

I dont use BeforeEvent even AfterEvent.
    I use only NullValue property on object, ant this object has format set to Date.
    inetMark wrote: »
    inetMark wrote: »
    Try the AfterData event instead of BeforePrint, when BeforePrint fires the data fields have not yet been populated

I use only NullValue property on object, ant this object has format set to Date.

Set TextObject's HideZeros property to true.
  • maxhugenmaxhugen Australia
    sokac wrote: »

Set TextObject's HideZeros property to true.

Also: you can uncheck Report > Options > General tab > Convert null values.
    As datetime is numeric, this setting will convert a Null datetime to zero !
  • StarkStark Syria
    You could Add Expression to replace the date string '01-01-0001' to Empty string.

Stark wrote: »
    You could Add Expression to replace the date string '01-01-0001' to Empty string.
    TRY THIS
    Ultraman wrote: »
    Hi Alex

I have downloaded the trial version and doing a compare with XtraReport, crystal report for my company ERP, your fastreport by far the best I tried, but I have this problem, why when the date is null, it always print 01-Jan-01?, anyway can I supress it to print BLANK or '-'?

I have tried using the Beforeprint evernt to check for DBNull, but it does not work...

Any help?

Dr. Lee

TRY THIS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.